Spring Picnic Spread
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 2 medium cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 2 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 cup spring salad mix
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons ranch dressing (or your favorite)
- Stir the cream cheese until creamy and spread bread slices or a wrap. Top with sliced cucumbers.
- In a bowl toss carrots, spring mix, green onions and salad dressing. Place mixture on top of the cucumber.
- Pack your sandwiches and go for a PICNIC!
If you don't want to make your own, call The Sweetery and place an order for The Sweetery's Veggie Spread!
Ritz Mock Apple Pie
This is no April Fool's joke, it does taste like Apple Pie!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2 cups water
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cream of tartar
35 RITZ crackers
1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust
1 ½ TBL lemon juice
2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix water, sugar and cream of tartar in a large saucepan. bring to a boil on medium-high heat. add crackers and simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into pie crust. Sprinkle with lemon juice and ground cinnamon.
1 c. RITZ crackers, crushed
2/3 cup brown sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, melted
- Combine all tipping ingredients
- Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees, reduce to 350 degrees and cover edges of pie crust with foil. Bake 18-20 minutes more, or until pie filling has set. It should not juggle a lot when moved.
- Cool before serving.
Apple Rings with Bacon